European Patent Attorney, Swiss patent attorney, microtechnical engineer and trademark and design consultant.
After a first professional experience in the Swiss federal capital as an engineer, Joël entered the intellectual property field in 1992.
He quickly became involved in all aspects of the profession. In the field of patents, his achievements include freedom to operate and
patentability analysis, drafting, filing and defending patents, preparing documentation for client use and running training courses.
He then takes the responsibility for the trademark department of his company and sets up a patent and trademark search service.
He also acts as a jury member for a Start-up award for innovative projects.
In 2002, he joined Leman Consulting where he continues to pursue his activities, first essentially related with patents.
His predilections activities are related to digital security, cryptography, electronics, medical devices, microtechnics,
watch industry and mechanics. In this framework, in addition to the proceedings for obtaining patents, he deals with oppositions
against competitors' patents and with defending rights against competitors' oppositions.
After a complementary training in the field of trademarks and designs, he takes the responsibility of this department in 2015.
In parallel, he continues his activities concerning training courses in the field of Intellectual property for entrepreneurs and project managers.
- March 2018 : Co-founder and associate of Omnis-IP
- 2002-2018 : Intellectual property counsel at Leman Cosnulting S.A. and for the Kudelski Group
- 1991-2002 : Intellectual property counsel in an Intellectual property private practice
- 1990-1991 : Engineer in a company specializing in the development of electrical and electronic installations
for traffic systems in road traffic, parking and rail traffic
- Engineer's degree in microtechnology at the School of Engineering of Yverdon-les-Bains
- Training at WIPO in the field of trademarks and designs
- French (mother tongue)
Rue Galilée 4
Phone +41 (0) 24 524 31 00
Mobile +41 (0) 78 410 17 12
© Joël Nithardt 2018
Mise à jour : 01.03.2018